Monthly Archives: September 2013

Aaron Hernandez – hardcore drugs and about to be kicked of the team.

Aaron Hernandez

http://global.christianpost.com/news/aaron-hernandez-update-player-was-using-hardcore-drugs-on-verge-of-being-cut-from-team-103198/

Aaron Hernandez was allegedly using hardcore drugs and had long since cut ties to family and team-mates in exchange for gang members prior to his arrest for the murder of Odin Lloyd, Rolling Stone reporter Paul Solotaroff claims.

The detailed report, titled “Gansgter in the Huddle” claims that Hernandez’s life prior to his arrest for murder was far from just a New England Patriots tight end drafted in 2012. His contract with the team was extended for five years last August, but over the last year, Solotaroff alleged that Hernandez’s personality drastically changed.

After conducting detailed interviews, Solotaroff said that Hernandez had become increasingly paranoid over the past year and was actively using the hardcore drug phencyclidine, which is often shortened to PCP or called “angel dust.” The drug is known for its hallucinogenic effects and paranoia, which allegedly caused Hernandez to surround himself with gang members and cut off friends, family and teammates.

“Instead of teammates, Hernandez built a cohort of thugs, bringing stone-cold gangsters over to the house to play pool, smoke chronic and carouse,” Solotaroff wrote.

Solotaroff’s report also alleged that Hernandez had “missed so many practices” and committed so many “thug life stunts” that he was already on the verge of being cut from the team prior to the search of the player’s home. However, team owner Robert Kraft claimed he had no knowledge of Hernandez’s criminal past, describing the player as a “most likeable young man” during a Sports Illustrated interview.

Referring to Hernandez’s poor behavior as a secret that the player kept well, Kraft said “if this stuff is true, then I’ve been duped and our whole organization has been duped.”

“I never saw him with them,” John Hevesy, Hernandez’s position coach while he was on the Florida Gators, said of the alleged gang member buddies, “but misery attracts misery: There’s vultures waiting to swoop.”

Solotaroff also accused former University of Florida Coach Urban Meyer of “[helping to] cover up failed drug tests, along with two violent incidents — an assault and a drive-by shootout outside a local bar” while Hernandez was on the team.

Hernandez was formerly indicted with charges on Aug. 22 for the first-degree-murder of Odin Lloyd. The player’s arraignment has been scheduled for Sept. 6 where he will plead “guilty” or “not guilty.”

Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/aaron-hernandez-update-player-was-using-hardcore-drugs-on-verge-of-being-cut-from-team-103198/#t8MGxUyKpWa55iKM.99

Debra Milke

debra2

CREDIT of this article to : http://arizonadeathpenltyinjustice.webs.com/

“For decades there have been secrets in the Arizona desert, malfeasance and lies that threaten the lives of people who await execution for crimes that the evidence clearly indicates they did not commit. Within this site is the story of Jeff Landrigan who was executed in 2010, and the ongoing sagas of Eric King, Debra Milke, Jim Styers and Eldon Schurz. All five were arrested in December of 1989 and the four remaining alive are very near to execution, with Eric’s date set for March 29th . However, all four cases leave more than a little doubt as to their guilt, with Eric, Debra, Jim and Eldon professing innocence.
Additionally, these stories include the work of a group of detectives who clearly did not mind coercion, lies or fabrication to assure conviction in a case. Foremost, among them is retired Phoenix Detective Armando Saldate who had a less than sterling reputation including that he was known to use and disciplined for his coercive tactics during interrogations. His character can easily be called into question, however, his tale tales and dubious actions were almost solely responsible for the convictions of Eric, Debra, Jim and Eldon when there was actually no credible evidence in any of the cases. There is also Detective Mike Chambers who either blatantly lies during another proceeding concerning Eldon’s codefendant or knowingly allows the codefendant to lie in court to free himself. A minor role was even played by Detective Charles Gregory who was later proven to have assisted Noel Levy in the wrongful prosecution of Ray.

No one spoken of here was above reproach in 1989. However, there is clearly a web of deceit that led to these people facing execution. In all of the cases, there is not enough credible evidence to support conviction and certainly not enough to justify taking their lives. At best, each of them was wrongfully convicted. The evidence indicates that they were imprisoned for crimes that they did not commit. Thus, the question becomes is wrongful conviction acceptable if the person’s record is less than stellar?

We the staff of arizona-death-penalty-injustice believe that there should be justice for all. Therefore, we ask that all of you will lend a hand in bringing truth to the desert by assisting us in exposing these cases and other Maricopa County prosecutions for the shams that they are.”

Image

Debra Milke a free woman… for now.

milke

Debra Milke to be released pending retrial.

debra

http://www.azcentral.com/news/arizona/articles/20130905arizona-debra-milke-released-pending-retrial.html

After nearly 24 years in custody, Debra Milke will step back into the real world, probably today, until the murder charge against her is settled one way or another.

But the prosecution has hurdles to overcome before taking Milke back to trial. A judge must decide whether a contested confession can be admitted into evidence. And the Phoenix detective who allegedly obtained the confession has to agree to testify.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Rosa Mroz ruled Thursday morning that Milke, 49, can be released on a secured bond of $250,000, pending her retrial.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio issued a statement Thursday afternoon saying that Milke would likely be released some time today, and that she was refusing all requests for interviews on the advice of her attorneys.

At a court hearing Aug. 30, Milke’s attorneys, Mike Kimerer and Lori Voepel, told the court that Milke’s supporters would be able to put up bond money and had provided a house for her to live in as the legal process plays out.

Milke has a strong following of people who believe she is innocent, especially in Europe, where she has family.

Kimerer said that Milke was stunned and ecstatic to learn she would be released, and that she broke down in tears.

“I’m so overwhelmed by this, I don’t know how to react to it,” Kimerer said she told him.

Milke’s ex-husband, Arizona Milke, the father of the murdered child, said, “She’s going to get something she’s wanted for a long time.”

The judge ordered that Milke post a secured bond, which requires that the entire amount be put up as assurance that the defendant does not abscond; or, if contracted through a bondsman, it would require putting up collateral one and a half times the amount of the bond, in addition to paying a fee. Milke must wear a monitoring device and adhere to a curfew.

Debra Milke and two accomplices, James Styers, the suspected shooter, and Roger Scott, were sent to Arizona death row for the December 1989 murder of Milke’s 4-year-old son, Christopher. They told the boy that they were taking him to see Santa Claus at the mall and instead took him to the desert and shot him in the head.

But in March, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals threw out her conviction and death sentence, because the prosecution had failed to turn over evidence about the Phoenix police detective who claimed that Milke confessed.

Milke denied confessing; the detective, Armando Saldate, had not recorded the confession and there were no witnesses to confirm it took place.

Prosecutor Vince Imbordino asked the court to ignore the 9th Circuit decision. Mroz said she would not. Mroz noted that the withheld evidence “casts serious doubt on the validity of the defendant’s alleged confession.”

“The existing information does not make it ‘plain and clear’ … that the defendant committed the crimes,” Mroz wrote. “The court finds that the proof is not evident or presumption great that the defendant committed the crimes charged in the indictment.”

Whether the confession comes into evidence will be argued on Sept. 23. The court appointed attorney Larry Debus to represent Saldate in that hearing. Debus told The Arizona Republic that he has just begun evaluating the case and does not yet know what advice he will give to Saldate.

But Saldate is under great pressure in the case. The chief judge of the 9th Circuit asked the U.S. Attorney General’s Office to investigate the Milke case for civil-rights violations. The 9th Circuit ruling also noted that Saldate was found by courts to have lied in various court cases, and if his future testimony varies from those findings, he runs the risk of committing perjury.

If Saldate invokes his Fifth Amendment rights and refuses to answer questions, the confession probably would not be allowed.

When the case was first returned to Maricopa County for retrial, prosecutors were hopeful that Milke’s alleged accomplice, Scott, would testify against her. Scott confessed to taking part in the murder in 1989, but did not testify in Milke’s first trial. Last week, Imbordino stated in open court that Scott would probably not testify in the retrial either.

Without Saldate and without Scott, the prosecution has a weak case.

According to the 9th Circuit, Milke had to be taken to trial within 90 days of the completion of a U.S. District Court order transferring her to the jurisdiction of the Maricopa County Attorneys Office, which is Oct. 7. If Milke’s trial did not start by that date, the 9th Circuit said, she would have to be released from custody during her trial.

On Thursday, the Arizona Attorney General’s Office filed a motion in U.S. District Court on behalf of the Maricopa County attorney to have the trial deadline pushed back, a request that may have been rendered moot by Mroz’s ruling.

Aaron Hernandez arraignment set fAaron Hernandezor Friday, September 6.

Aaron Hernandez

Odin Lloyd texted his sister in the wee hours of June 17.

“NFL. Just so you know.”

At the time, according to prosecutors, Lloyd was in a silver Nissan Altima with Aaron Hernandez, a star tight end with the NFL’s New England Patriots, and two other people.

About 3:25 a.m. — two minutes after the message went out — gunshots shattered the quiet night in a southeastern Massachusetts industrial park, according to witnesses.

Not five minutes passed before a surveillance camera at his North Attleborough home captured video of Hernandez carrying what appears to be a gun, prosecutors said. Lloyd lay dead about a mile away.

The video is among the evidence prosecutors are gathering in their case against Hernandez, 23, who is set to be arraigned Friday.

Let go by the Patriots, Hernandez will step into a courtroom for the sixth time since his June 26 arrest.

He’s expected to formally plead not guilty to first-degree murder in the death of Lloyd, a 27-year-old semipro football player.

“He’s bearing up under the pressure,” defense attorney Michael Fee said when Hernandez was indicted last month. “He understands what’s in front of him, and he’s committed to clearing his name.”

Fee has told reporters that the case against his client, who is being held without bond, is circumstantial. “There’s an incredible rush to judgment in this case,” according to the attorney.

For his part, according to a TMZ report last month, Hernandez declared his innocence as he responded to a fan letter, saying that “all the people who turned on me will feel like crap.”

Investigation continues in another case

Friday’s arraignment comes as authorities continue to investigate Hernandez in connection with an unsolved 2012 double homicide case in Boston.

Investigators have obtained July 2012 video surveillance allegedly showing Hernandez at a nightclub at the same time as two men who were fatally shot that night, according to a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation.

The video apparently does not show Hernandez interacting with Daniel Abreu, 29, and Safiro Furtado, 28, according to a law enforcement source. The development was first reported Wednesday by the Hartford Courant.

Boston police have said the men were inside a BMW sprayed with gunfire after they left the nightclub.

Law enforcement sources said they believe Hernandez rented a silver SUV with Rhode Island registration that was linked to the scene of the double homicide.

After Lloyd’s murder, Bristol, Connecticut police discovered the vehicle by accident while searching the garage of Hernandez’s uncle, a law enforcement source told CNN.

Boston police had been looking for the vehicle for almost a year, law enforcement sources added.

Hernandez has not been charged in the unsolved double shooting.

His attorneys have previously declined to comment to CNN when asked about the ongoing Boston investigation.

Defense: Jury will find him ‘innocent’

A Bristol County, Massachusetts, grand jury last month indicted Hernandez on a first-degree murder and five weapons charges.

Prosecutors say Hernandez orchestrated the shooting of his friend Lloyd, who was dating the sister of Hernandez’s fiancee.

Fee said he was pleased with the indictment because it gave his client “a path to trial,” and that a jury will find Hernandez “innocent.”

Police have not located the gun believed to have been used in the Lloyd killing.

But prosecutors say Hernandez returned a rental car with a bullet casing that allegedly matched bullets found at the scene.

Surveillance cameras showed the car believed to be carrying Hernandez and the others at the industrial park, according to authorities.

Hernandez has been sitting in a jail cell as his former team, known for its stellar offense, contends for another Super Bowl title. The Patriots open their regular season Sunday against the Buffalo Bills.

In his letter to the fan, as reported by TMZ, the fallen NFL star said the world makes things “out of false accusations” and that he will be exonerated.

“I know there is a reason I’m going thru this and I will figure it out through.”

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/09/06/justice/aaron-hernandez-arraignment/

CNN’s Laura Dolan, Lorenzo Ferrigno, Greg Botelho and Laura Ly and HLN’s Amanda Sloane contributed to this report.